Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, Cersei Lannister face off for the throne (as well as someone else…) in the new Game of Thrones Season 7 trailer.
Potential Spoilers from past seasons:
Keep in mind these aren’t the only people vying for the throne, you’ve got plenty of surviving characters who might be interested:
- Daenerys Targaryen – Top 3 for sure.
- Jon Snow – Top 3 for sure.
- Cersei / Jaime Lannister – Top 3 for sure.
- Night King – You can’t count out the bad guy in a GRRM novel.
- Petyr Baelish / Sansa Stark – A startup house could reach the throne, but they’ll probably throw in with Jon.
- Gendry (Baratheon) – Everyone forgets that Gendry is Robert Baratheon’s son even though he doesn’t know.
- Melisandre / Davos Seaworth – Without Stannis these two could possibly make a move, though they probably won’t.
- Arya / Bran / Benjen Stark – They’re Starks and have some claim if Jon doesn’t make it.
- Lyanna Mormont – Everyone likes this little girl, who knows how far she’ll go.
- Olenna Tyrell – She’s pissed and good at the chess game of power.
- Jaqen H’ghar – Calling it now: one of the above finally sits down on the throne, then takes off their mask to reveal the Many Faced God, winks at the camera, and the series ends.
If you’re a cordcutter without HBO, keep in mind that you can get it on Amazon, and there’s a 7 day free trial. It’s definitely been worth a periodic subscription to binge all the shows along with each new season of Game of Thrones.